What Does The National Quality Framework Mean For Your Child?
The National Quality Framework (NQF) is a national system for the regulation and quality assessment of child care and early learning services. The NQF applies to long day care, family day care, preschool, kindergarten and outside school hours care services. The framework includes a:
- National legislative framework that creates a uniform approach to the regulation and quality assessment of education and child care services in Australia;
- National Quality Standard that sets a national benchmark for the quality of education and care services;
- National quality rating and assessment process that rates services against the National Quality Standard.
The Benefits of the National Quality Framework
Research shows that quality education and care in early life leads to better health, education and employment outcomes later in life. The early years are critical for establishing self-esteem, resilience, healthy growth and capacity to learn – the NQF was introduced to give every child the best start to life and learning.
The benefits of the National Quality Framework include:
- Improved educator to child ratios in most services
- Greater individual care and attention for children
- Educators with increased skills and qualifications
- Better support for children’s learning and development
- A ratings system to help parents assess the quality of education and care providers in their area
7 Key Quality Areas
The National Quality Standard assesses child care services against seven quality areas, including:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
Our Learning Programs
We believe in a ‘learning through play’ approach to childhood education. Our child care programs are fun, educational and approved under the National Quality Framework and all associated legislation, including:
- Education and Care Services National Law Act
- Education and Care Services National Regulations
- National Quality Standards
- Approved Early Learning Frameworks (Early Years Learning Framework)
Find out more about our programs, Click Here
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the National Quality Framework or our child care programs.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE TO READ:
A high-quality childcare service will benefit children socially, behaviourally, emotionally and intellectually. The right childcare will prepare your child for life as an adult. So, how do you sort the great childcare from the average? (Read the full article)
Need childcare for your growing child?
Looking for high-quality child care for your little one? If you live around
Brisbane, Lutwyche, Kedron, Chermside, Gordon Park or Everton Park, then you’ve found the right place!
Follow us on: