The Brook Early Education and Care share this fun activity for you to try at home with your child. Get creative and get crafting!
Here at the Brook, we understand that keeping children entertained while they are at home can be a difficult task. So, we have come up with an activity that is sure to keep your child happy and entertained at home while learning and developing new skills and letting their imagination run free.
DIY activities don’t need to be expensive or hard to do. Activities like this can be made with things that are already around the house. Let your children reuse old materials that are no longer needed and explore their imagination.
What you’ll need:
- Egg Carton
- Paper Straw/Pipe Cleaner
- Pom Poms
- Paint Brush
- Paper plate/Container
How to do it:
- Cut 4 containers out of the egg carton and trim the edges so it gives a round shape to look like petals for a flower. You may need to help your child do this as the scissors will be sharp and the containers may be hard to cut.
- Squirt some paint colours onto a paper plate or into a container.
- Dip your paintbrush into the paint and decorate your egg cartons
- Glue a pompom onto the centre of the painted egg carton.
- Attach a straw or pipe cleaner onto the back of the carton to create a stem.
- Wait for the paint and glue to dry and then you are ready to show off your egg carton flowers.
- Use as many different colours as you would like for the paint and the pom poms
- Why not add on leaves to your egg carton flower? You could sticky tape green pipe cleaners onto your stem.
- Why make one?! Make as many beautiful egg carton flowers as you would like. Your child can create their own egg carton flower garden.
At the Brook Early Education and Care, we encourage parents to get involved with activities with their children while at home. DIY activities are a great way to continue your child’s learning at home while gaining new skills and using their imagination. For more information about The Brook and our learning programs please do not hesitate to contact us.
Try another DIY project for kids: Making a Piggy Bank
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE TO READ:
Kids can go on tantrums often at the worst times, like when you’re out in a public place or enjoying a nice day with friends or family. For parents, this can be a very stressful experience. To help you out in such situations, we have these 5 tips for defusing temper tantrums which we’ve learned from years of working in the childcare industry. (Read the full article)
Need childcare for your growing child?
Looking for high-quality child care for your little one? If you live around
Brisbane, Lutwyche, Kedron, Chermside, Gordon Park, Aspley or Windsor, you’ve found the right place.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about our child care services.
Follow us on: